Eligibilty for TVA


Apartments in Brigham Young University - Hawaii (BYU-H) Married Student Housing (TVA) are available to married students and single student parents with dependent children under the age of 18. Single parents must have legal custody of their child/children to be eligible for residence in TVA. Parents, brothers, sisters, and other relatives or guests of the tenant are not permitted to live with the family.

Eligibility to remain in TVA depends on both the academic performance and on the student’s total credits/semesters. In order to qualify for and maintain residency in TVA, a student must complete a total of 36 credit hours per academic year. The 36 credit hours should include a minimum of 12 credits per semester. Exceptions may be requested based on a school-sanctioned internship and/or other approved absences.

TVA housing will not be available to advanced standing students or graduates. If the spouse, who is a full-time student graduates, the apartment can be transferred to the student spouse and the family allowed to remain in TVA for no longer than one additional year.

The total number of semesters that a student can obtain and remain in TVA is 9 (nine) semesters. Requests for exceptions to this policy must be submitted, in writing, to housing@byuh.edu.

100% helpful - 1 review


Article ID: 13885
Wed 6/15/16 7:44 AM
Wed 2/7/18 5:34 PM