There are multiple penalties that may occur if a check is dishonored.
- There is a $20 handling fee for dishonored checks.
- Students with dishonored checks for tuition will be subject to having their registration canceled and a holding place on their records.
- In addition to the $20 fee, a $50 late registration fee will be included for tuition payment after the tuition deadline.
- Debt notices will be sent to all parties submitting dishonored checks. A dishonored check must be clear within 14 calendar days by bringing in the notice, the amount of the debt due and the $20 handling fee to the Cashiers Window in Financial Services.
- There will be a 1-year block on the personal account.
- If a check is dishonored a second time, the subject will be unable to cash future checks at the Cashiers Office.