We are looking for students who are accomplished in a variety of areas, not just academics. As a result, admissions decisions are based upon consideration of both academic and personal factors.
Applicants who are well rounded and possess skill, ability and desire will be considered competitive for admission.
International Students, Returned Missionaries and Transfer Students are given priority in the admission process.
Here are a few variables that are used in the admissions review.
• Seminary/Institute Attendance
• Service (i.e. Mission, Peace Corps, military)
• Individual Talents
• AP and IB courses
• Essay (tell us specifically why you want to attend BYU-Hawaii)
• Desire to graduate with a college degree
• Desire to contribute to the international mission of the university