What kind of visa do I need to allow me to study at BYU–Hawaii?

Asked by Inservice Vai on Thu 6/30/16 10:09 AM
Sign In to leave feedback or contribute an answer

Answers (2)

This answer has been marked as the accepted answer
Inservice Vai Thu 6/30/16 10:09 AM
  • After you are admitted to BYU–Hawaii, we will send you either an I-20 (for non-sponsored students) or a DS-2019 (for sponsored students) which you will need to get a Visa from the US Embassy or Consulate. Students should read the back of the DS-2019 carefully for provisions and restrictions that accompany the visa.
  • You will also need to pay a $180-$200 SEVIS fee at least 3 days before your interview at the Embassy. You can pay online and download your receipt to take with you to the Embassy.
  • The Embassy officer will interview you to see if you will receive a visa or not. You must also take your financial documents to show that you have enough money or that you have a scholarship to pay for your schooling.
  • You can arrive in the US up to 30 days before your classes start (if you have a place to live), but you cannot arrive after the date written on the I-20 or DS-2019. Please be careful about these dates.
No feedback

Call Center Help Desk Mon 12/14/20 2:51 PM

If you have further questions regarding Visa, you can refer to International student services


No feedback